Friday, April 13, 2007

Family

A hard thing to love, at times.

Mindy and I spent Easter weekend at my dad's cabin in Leakey, TX, with the whole Lentz clan. It could have been great, however, the weather was definitely NOT having that. It turned rainy and cold on Friday night, forcing all 20 or so of us into this little cabin for close to 24 hours. Being that close to your family for that much time can really start to wear on you. I love them all to death, but a bike ride in the freezing rain was a definite welcomed escape one afternoon.

I made a couple of quick trips down to the Frio so that I could at least wet a line before I had to be home. I came up with a couple of fish. Yeah, they're small, but it was fun.



Now I'm home with my beautiful wife, and it sure is nice. Sleeping in one's own bed, away from a snoring grandmother, should never be taken for granted.

No comments: